Homemade cosmetics and beauty products are cheap to make and additive and chemical free.
They are all natural and most of the ingredients can be found in your kitchen!
I came across an easy recipe the other day and after seeing all those scary elements about toxic ingredients in deodorant causing cancer, I decided to give a try! It came out well and works effectively.
It smells refreshing, absorbs sweat, detoxifies your pits and won’t melt.
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 tbsp cornflour
- 5 tbsp baking soda
- 20 drops lemon eucalyptus essential oil
- 1 tbsp beeswax
What Each Ingredient Does
Baking soda & cornflour – Absorb sweat and sebum on skin and neutralise stink.
Coconut oil – Anti-inflammatory, moisturises skin, prevents skin irritation & rashes. It also keeps the deodorant a nice creamy but solid consistency as you can see in the picture.
Lemon eucalyptus essential oil – This essential oil smells like a milder version of citronella.
The scent is not as strong and overpowering as citronella and you can definitely detect the sweet eucalyptus scent with a hint of lemon. It smells refreshing and cools your skin. Lemon eucalyptus gives this deodorant a refreshing and neutral scent for both men and women.
Beeswax – the best skin care ever: anti inflammatory, anti allergenic, anti microbial, moisterising, healing brushes, burns or exzema
- Combine all ingredients (except the essential oil) in a pan over a low heat.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until everything melts.
- Add the lemon eucalyptus essential oil and stir well with a chopstick.
- Voila! It’s ready! Store at room temperature in a cool dark place. It lasts over 3 months!