Infused herbal oil… Soaps to come…
One interesting step back before making soap: infused the oil myself before starting the cold process.
Herbs and flowers easily found here in England and free.
Hops oil, Lavender oil, plantain oil, rosemary oil and eucalyptus oil (from a bouquet).
I have planted santolina and echinacea in my little garden for next year.
My favourite way to make herbal oils is:
- Sterilise a jar with boiling water and ensure it is completely dry.
- Loosely pack jar with dried (avoid Mould and spoiling) herbs 2/3
- Pour oil (olive oil works for my 40%olive oil composition) right to the top of the jar and seal it well
- Let stand for 4-6 weeks in a dark place & agitate daily
- Strain off into another sterilised jar.
- Will keep for 2 or 3 years.
Also useful for:
- In cooking
- Natural body and skin cares: creams, -masks, soaps…
- Adding a nice scent to your home/bedding…
- Give me the “recycling” feeling I cherish